Act 12 of 2020 established the Election Law Advisory Board and directed that it be staffed by the Joint State Government Commission. Further, Act 12 requires that the Board publish its findings on the Joint State Government Commission's website at the end of each fiscal year. The full text of Act 12, including sections 1301-E and 1302-E, can be found here.
The Board has the following duties:
- Study Act 12 and identify statutory language to repeal, modify or update.
- Collaborate with other agencies and political subdivisions of the Commonwealth to study election-related issues.
- Study the development of new election technology and voting machines.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on:
- improving the electoral process in this Commonwealth by amending this act or through regulations promulgated by the Department of State; and
- implementing best practices identified to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the electoral process in this Commonwealth.
Members of the Board include:
- The President pro tempore of the Senate or a designee
- The Minority Leader of the Senate or a designee
- The Speaker of the House of Representatives or a designee
- The Minority Leader of the House of Representatives or a designee
- One member from each congressional district, of whom no more than half may be registered with the same political party, appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate and which shall include members who:
- represent groups advocating for individuals with disabilities;
- represent groups advocating for voting rights; and
- represent county commissioners or county election officials.
Members of the Advisory Board
August 29, 2022 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Subject: Election Law Advisory Board Meeting
Location: RM 108 Finance Building, 613 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120
Online: For live stream of the meeting, go to the JSGC YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIbnJ-MMjNCUy099cUQPjHA
Times: 9:30am-12pm (OFFLINE 12-1pm for lunch) returning to online meeting 1-3:30pm.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org