This report contains the most recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee, in the form of proposed legislation with official comments, which may be used in determining the intent of the General Assembly. These recommendations include proposed amendments to 20 Pa.C.S. regarding the following:
1. The Uniform Trust Act, specifically nonjudicial settlement agreements, representation of parties in interest, the division of trusts, claims and distribution after the settlor’s death and a trustee’s duty to advertise, the resignation of a trustee, the duty to inform and report, and a trustee’s powers, duties and liabilities.
2. Charitable instruments.
3. The determination of title to a decedent’s interest in real estate.
4. Dispositions independent of letters.
5. Submission to Orphans’ Court jurisdiction.
6. Businesses of the estate.
7. The release of powers and interests and the disclaimers of powers.
8. Powers of appointment.
9. Formula clauses for federal tax purposes.
This report also contains the Charitable Instruments Act of 1971 and a list of the members of the Advisory Committee since its inception in 1945.
The necessary conforming amendments and transitional language follow the proposed legislation, notes and comments.