Summary - Contents of Report
This report contains proposed legislation that amends 35 Pa.C.S. and concerns disease control measures.
The proposed legislation contains official comments, developed by the Joint State Government Commission and the Advisory Committee, which may be used in determining the intent of the General Assembly.
Notes follow several statutory provisions and set forth explanatory material or background information regarding the current law.
Transitional language -- provisions regarding applicability, repeals and the effective date of the proposed legislation -- follows the statutory recommendations.
This report also contains the following:
- A summary of the proposed legislation.
- A discussion of the proposed legislation.
- A source table for the proposed legislation.
- A disposition table that lists the location of the provisions of the DPCL that have been codified into 35 Pa.C.S.
- The DPCL.
- Health and safety regulations from Title 28 of the Pennsylvania Code.
- Select statutory and regulatory provisions, including those regarding The Administrative Code of 1929, the Local Health Administration Law, the seizure of certain clothing, the right to counsel, and the Public Defender Act.
- An appendix containing 2007 Senate Resolution No. 194.
One Page Summary